Somehow I’ve managed to accumulate more than 10,095 emails in my personal inbox.
Inspired by Jeremy’s recent post I thought I’d use this post-Christmas cleaning opportunity to catalog what I’m unsubscribing from.
In Order of Deletion
- Pinterest; Covering explore.pinterest and inspire.pinterest. I don’t really use Pinterest that much so
- Indeed; It was a good reminder to unsubscribe from Portland/Vancouver/Newport job listings – we’ll at least be in Pullman at least another year.
- Zillow; Wow! Huge offender.
- Amazon.com Deal of the Day; Ugh online impulse shopping.
- Wyndham Rewards
- Choice Privileges
- The Nuts.com Family
- IMDb.com; I really only want phone notifications for new news on directors/actors/movies I’ve decided to follow. I don’t think this exists though because I get everything but.
- The Vegg
- Brain Pickings Weekly; I’ve actually been unsubscribed for some time. Any time you think you’ll go back and read something, just know that you won’t. Read in the moment or delete forever.
- Google Local Guides
- If It Fits Your Macros; 12 Hours Left • Our Final Sale • 90% Off Now • It’s Not Too Late • Are you serious? • Massive Sale Starts Now • This is for you –If someone wanted to know how boring marketing is I’d refer to these. It’s a shame because I feel like they were emailing interesting content until September-ish of last year.
down to 8,997
down to 7,129
- Big 5 Sporting Goods
- Vegan Cuts
- Google Alerts; vegan • cruelty-free • plant-based • carmina burana
down to 6,359
- Skillshare; an example of staying subscribed to something just I remember I’ve paid for a service and I should use it. Terrible strategy for me.
down to 6,124
down to 5,636
- Creative Market
- Picture Correct
- FedEx Office
- 100% Pure
- PictureCorrect (older/different from #24)
down to 4,930
- NW Veg
down to 3,593
- Lana Del Ray; sorry sometimes I forget Twitter exists
- The Oatmeal; same as above